Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day Cards Tutorial

I wasn't able to capture the entire tutorial on camera because Mr. Techy wasn't around to take pictures. So below are the steps to creating the envelope and card from scratch.

Materials:
1 Large Sheet of Construction Paper
Pencil with eraser
1 envelope template (5x7)
1 card template (5x7)
YUDU
Black Ink
Glue Roller
Scissors
Scoring tool
Tape (preferably Scotch Tape, it doesn't rip the paper when you remove it)

Step 1)

I didn't have templates so I used a card/envelope from one of my stationery sets. I undid the envelope carefully. I then taped it to the construction paper and traced it. I also traced the card open faced and cut everything out. With an eraser, I lightly removed the pencil markings left over from when I traced the templates.




Step 2)
With a ruler and scoring tool, I made the creases so that I can fold the wings of the envelope.


Step 3)

I used the glue roller to seal 3/4s of the envelope.



Step 4)

I screen printed the images with the YUDU and let them dry for about an hour.

Step 5)

I personalized the inside of the cards, placed them in the envelopes and sealed the last flap with the glue roller.




Saludos!

Miss Cafe

0 comments:

Post a Comment