Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Meltdown

I am officially having a meltdown.

I have been really good at keeping calm during the wedding planning. It's a destinational wedding (for Mr. Techy and his family, not so much for mine). It's in my home town so 50% of the guest list is traveling.

Mr. Techy and I have been doing all the planning over the phone and by email. We chose the church based on the great photos on their website - luckily the deacon was easy going and understood our situation.

We have made major progress with the big tasks such as photographer, videographer, reception venue and church. However, I have been having horrible headaches and anxiety because of the invitations.

INVITATIONS! ! ! They are the death of me. From the beginning I was determined to make our invitations. I have been so excited about saying, "Yes, I made them!" Now I am like, "Honey, I don't want to."

I don't know why I can't focus, and make a decision. So many styles, colors, formats. I have found a number of inspirations online, but I just keep second guessing my talent and wondering if I can pull it off.

Here are a few I LOVE:

http://www.stylemepretty.com/2008/11/12/wedding-invitations-by-gourmet-invitations/



http://www.moderninvitationdesign.com/albums/album_image/5404760/1593243.htm



http://alovelymorning.blogspot.com/2008/09/diy-ish-invites-3rd-and-final-chapter.html



They are all different and beautiful in their own way. And it's been definitely hard for me to make a decision because I don't have my mom, sister, or bridesmaids nearby to give my their feedback. They don't live in NY and I miss them all dearly.

My mission for this weekend is to make a decision and to create a mock up.

I just needed to vent because poor fiance doesn't understand why I am having nightmares. But I am sure you all do.

Saludos!

Miss Cafe

4 comments:

  1. OK, you made those awesome cards on your YUDU and still wonder about your abilities! YU(can)DU it! I really like the 3rd option... simple, elegant and the liner echoes the embossed card.

    Having designed and assembled our invites, I'm not going to lie... it's a bit of work. But it's SOOO worth it! Can't wait to see what your mock-up looks like. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand! I love a good DIY project but I knew I would stress way more than necessary over the invitations. Of course I couldn't find anything stock online that was perfect so I contacted a designer on Etsy, we'll see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ::SIGH:: Thanks Crafty! Yours were super hot! Gracias for the kick in the butt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see yours Amber!

    ReplyDelete