Thursday, June 25, 2009

Alleluia!

A friend recently asked me if I was going to incorporate my Latino roots in the wedding ceremony despite the fact that half the guests are English speakers, including Mr. Techy.

Great question!

We met with our officiant last month to discuss the wedding ceremony and we opted for a bilingual mass - surprised?

I'm sure you've gathered from my previous posts that my Hispanic heritage is the reason I strive to succeed in both my professional and personal life. So it was expected that I would follow through and incorporate my culture in the ceremony.

It would be unfair to both Mr. Techy and I if the ceremony were monolingual. We want to share this sacrament with our loved ones - and what better way than to make sure they understand what is being said.

The priest will alternate between the two languages, one reading will be in Spanish, the other in English, and the music selected for the vocalist will have verses in both languages. Finally, I'm going to make programs in both languages so the guests can follow along regardless of the language being spoken.

How are you incorporating your heritage in your nuptials?

Saludos!

Miss Cafe

0 comments:

Post a Comment