Thursday, January 14, 2010

Risks

As you know, I moved back to Florida, after living in New York for 5 years. My husband received a job offer and we decided it was the best time to move - the housing market was in our favor, the cost of living was affordable, family was close by, and we knew some people in the area.

Our friends and family thought we were insane to quit our jobs, get married, and move all at once. But that is how we roll, we thrive on stress and figured why not make it one huge stress ball.

I moved to New York with no job, no apartment and no friends, and frankly I made it work. I got a job within 3 months at a prestigious company, moved into a new apartment and met my now husband. It takes drive, patience, and faith (in yourself).

Granted that was in 2005, when the economy was in a different place. Would I do it now? Well I kinda did. I left a stable job in NY, and moved to a new city where I would have to start from scratch. I do have Mr. Techy, this time around and am not venturing out alone. However, we are facing the same as well as new fears, together: what if his job doesn't work out, what if I can't get a job, etc?

I believe in taking risks. It's not easy, but the first step is always the hardest. The next step is much less scarier. The third step means you are moving in a new direction, not standing still.

Have you taken any risks lately? Why or why not?

Saludos!

Mrs. Cafe

0 comments:

Post a Comment